Home Tour: The Kitchen/Dining Room

So I realized the other day that I never finished the home tour...not that there is much left to show, but here is our kitchen & dining room. We painted the kitchen the same color we used for the navy blue accent wall in our living room. I really like the way the dark walls make the white cabinets and back splash pop. Although we did not paint the cabinets white, we bought the house that way, I have been slowly painting all of the insides white as well. Let me tell you, that is no easy task!! It is taking me forever, but I only have the two bottom cabinets next to the stove left! It's amazing the difference it makes painting the insides!  If you want to see some pics, I posted some on Instagram! But without further ado, here is the kitchen and dining room.



Now mind you, our kitchen is not always this spotless. I try my hardest to keep up with the dishes, but I just HATE doing them!!








The hubby has gotten into the candy corn! That thing was full just a couple of days ago!







There's not much to see in the dining room. We really need to get a large area rug to go under the table. It'll define the room more. Fun story about this table (yes, we are missing a chair, it's in the guest room), my parents actually won it! In my hometown we have a furniture store that does a huge raffle every year, and we all put our names in it. We had never won before until this! I really want to do a project with it. Paint it or stain it, or something. Any ideas of what we should do with this huge area behind the couch?? We have thought about putting in a huge built-in of bookshelves with a seating area, but that seems like a lot of work for a house we won't be staying in for a long time.



Click HERE for the entry way
Click HERE for our living room
Click HERE for the hallway makeover
Click HERE for our guest bedrooms
Click HERE for the master bedroom
Click HERE for the master bathroom
Click HERE for the master closet

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Loved seeing the picture on instagram of the difference between painting the inside of those cabinets! Thanks for the idea!!
    :) Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...