Easy Dinner: Chicken and Rice

Hello dear friends, I have another great fall recipe for you! This dish has minimal ingredients and is so easy to make! My mom used to make this all the time for us when we were growing up. It makes a lot of leftovers, so I like to make it on the weekends so that we can eat it for lunches during the week.



Ingredients:
2 diced chicken breasts (uncooked)
32 oz or 1 qt of low sodium chicken broth
minced garlic
2 tbsp of basil
2 cups of uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's Brown Rice)

Step 1:
In large dutch oven pan, cook chicken and garlic. I usually add my garlic in right before the chicken is done.

Step 2:
Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir. Bring to boil, then simmer for 30-40 mins or until all liquid is gone.

Step 3:
Enjoy! 


**We sometimes add a little bit of Ranch dressing on top, and my dad likes to heat up some frozen peas to mix in.**


 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and that chicken and rice looks delicious. My grandmother used to make chicken and rice often and I really miss it so thanks for sharing your recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...