Home Tour: The Master Closet

This past weekend I was so productive. I made a list of everything I wanted to get done, and got through most of it! Unfortunately, it all caught up to me, and I had to stay home yesterday because I woke up sick. Working long hours of overtime for tax season really seems to be catching up to me. I always tell my friends and family that I'm an 80 yr old lady stuck in a twenty four year old body! If I don't get a good 9-10 hrs of sleep at night, I'll start getting sick, and it's no fun. Thankfully, I got a lot of sleep, so the rest of the week should be okay!

Now let's move on to the reason you are actually reading this post today. My biggest project this past weekend was to finally get our closet organized. I haven't had a chance since we moved in, to really get things organized into a system that would work for us, and it was driving me insane! So the pictures you are seeing are the "after", and I'm hoping that this is how it stays for awhile! My husband's side probably won't stay color coordinated because he isn't OCD like I am about that, but other than that, we should be good! 


Don't judge me on the number of boots I have! I promise I wear them all! A trick I learned to keep them standing up tall instead of falling over each other is to put rolled up magazines in them! How genius is that?! It works perfectly! This is clearly my side of the closet. I did do some purging of items that I wasn't wearing anymore. I feel like I do a pretty good job of wearing all of my clothes, so I was able to keep a lot of them. Two weeks ago, Target had those white plastic hangers on sale, a pack of 10 for $1 or something, so I bought three packs of them. Since we already had a bunch, I just got enough to make sure we have all the same hangers. It really is amazing how much more organized a closet looks with uniform hangers. I WILL say, there are some of those clear plastic hangers in there too. They blend in really well, and I like them for tank tops because the straps don't fall off of them as easily. I do want to start switching over to the felt ones, but they are too expensive for this frugal lady!


I organize my clothes, sleeve-less, short-sleeved, long-sleeved, sweaters, jackets, sleeve-less dress, short-sleeve dress, long-sleeve dress, capris/ankle pants, jeans, work pants. Then each section is organized, white, ROY G BIV, gray, brown, black. It might be a little over excessive, but it works for me!


This is the hubby's side. He clearly has a lot less clothes than me, but has way more shoes! He is an avid runner, and is dedicated to working out, so he has a different pair of shoes for all of his activities. I tried organizing his side the best that I could, but it already no longer looks like this! The shoes are the same, but the pants and shirts are all mixed in with one another and it's driving me crazy! Anyone else's husband do that??


This dresser thing is actually a filing cabinet! I am using it as a dresser though. It has my pj's, work out clothes, and random other things in it right now. This is not my ideal jewelry set up and will hopefully be changing soon, but it's the best I could do for now!


Our closet is like this huge long tunnel, this picture barely even captures it! I can't wait to get it all fixed up the way that I want!! 

TO DO:
-Paint closet
-New rug
-Stain rods
-Get all felt hangers
-New light
-Custom built-ins for more storage

In case you've missed the beginning of the Home Tour, click HERE to read the other posts!

What do y'all think? Do you like to keep your closet organized, or is it a mess?

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I'm jealous of how big it is!!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the felt hangers at Ross. 15 for 3.99

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my closet was that big! It looks great! I organize my clothes by color too, but my husband could care less, so I don't even attempt it with his anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now....if I had a bigger closet...mine could look this great! Currently...its a little... eh... haha! :) - I share with my husband! that explains a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...