Client Closet Makeover #2

Hey friends! So this weekend I had the joy of working with a client getting her closet organized and wanted to share it with y'all! If you remember a few months ago, I announced I had officially started my professional organizing business. Unfortunately it fell to the way-side with tax season in full swing. When my client asked for me to come organize her closet this weekend, I was so excited! I really needed to get away and do a job that I LOVE to do!

Here are some of the before pictures!

 This client was super motivated to get her closet cleaned out! She had not cleaned out her closet or even gone through it for 10 years. We tackled this closet in only 2 hrs! I think we ended up filling up 6-7 huge contractor bags full of clothes to donate. This process is made so much easier when you are willing to part with items you no longer wear or want.
Cleaning out and organizing your closet doesn't have to be difficult. You just need to be patient and be willing to part ways with your things. My number one tip is to just take EVERYTHING out of your closet. I love working with clean slates. It keeps you from wanting to dirty it up again and wanting to get rid of more. This client also had all wire hangers, which I cannot stand. So I recommended that she go to Target and get some of those white plastic ones that run about a dollar for ten. I also had her remove all dry cleaner's bags because they get in the way and it's hard to see what is in them. I'm one of those people that if I don't see it, I don't wear it.

And now for the shocking before and after photo!
I put all like things together, ie: jackets/coats, dresses, nice dresses, short sleeved, no sleeve, sweaters, long sleeves, dress pants, and jeans. I then color coordinated them white, ROY G BIV, then grey, brown, black. The side cabinet/shelf is now empty, so she'll be buying some new purses and things to put on it!

I'm sorry that there are not more after photo's. We were starting a new project when I remembered that I needed an after photo, so I didn't get very many. I promise next closet I will! What do you think? How often do you clean out your closet? Who else is obsessed with the fact that she has a chandelier in her closet??

Click HERE for my tips on "How to Organize Your Closet"!
Click HERE for my FIRST Client Closet Makeover!

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I totally wish I had a chandelier in my closet! Or just even that I had a bigger closet like that...but then again, I need to organize/de-clutter what I do have to make my smaller closet look that good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation. I love the light! I try to go through my closet two times a year. There is nothing better than a big purge. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My closet is in desperate need of organization. I have been purging for a while now (things move slower than I wished here, because my 16 months old insists on "helping"). Every small progress feels great though. There is light at the end of that tunnel:) You did an excellent job for your client!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...