Silver Sun Mirror - Goodwill Find + Spraypaint


I have the easiest DIY project for y'all! We all know how much I love to spray paint things, and this is no different. You might have seen this sun mirror in the background when I was showing you our living room makeover. It was a dull silver with gold on the edges. When I bought it (for $4 at Goodwill!) I knew immediately I was going to end up spray painting it a different color.


I toyed with different options, but couldn't completely decide on one and ended up just leaving it...for a year. Yes, I've had this FOR A YEAR! When I hung it up on our freshly painted walls, I knew something had to be done NOW. A lot of our friends came over here and there, and I'd ask them what color they thought I should do. I was going back and forth between silver and gold. I wasn't sure tone I wanted to with. The votes came in, and silver won. I can't say I'm disappointed, I love the way it pops off the wall. It's not a statement piece, but it's still an interesting one. I'm sure someday when we have kids, I'll paint it a fun color for their room! 


I did a before and after for y'all so you could see the mirror beforehand. It's a subtle difference in the pictures, it's a bigger difference in person. What do you think??


 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great idea! Makes me want to head to Goodwill to see what I can find to spray paint and hang in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah ~ this is great! I love the silver.
    I'm visiting from All Things Pretty Link Party. I would be so honored if you would share this at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206.
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...