Our Entryway

Hey friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was quite short thanks to tax season and having to work Saturday's now. We finally finished most of what we wanted to do with our entryway so I thought I'd share some photos with y'all. I'm hoping to start off our home tour soon, so we'll make this our first stop!

When we first started looking for homes, we both decided we wanted an actual entryway into our house. I really don't like the feel of opening the front door and you are immediately in the living room. Our apartments were like that, and I hated it.

turquoise mirror

I love our front door. It is solid wood, but I'm thinking of painting it. Some people have been excited for me to, while others have questioned it. What do you think? I want to paint it a deep, dark red color. This mirror was given to me by my husband's grandmother. It was a tan/yellowish color, but I wanted a more POP of a color in our house since we are now mostly neutrals, other than our navy blue accent wall.

entryway

This table is actually a vintage sewing machine given to me by my husband's grandmother as well. She used to sew her own dresses back in the day with it! I love the idea of having older furniture in our house that has a story. In the mirror you can see our guest book from our wedding. We had everyone sign around one of our engagement photos. This is one of my most treasured items in our house!

decorated entryway

What do you think? Ready for a full house tour?

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your house tour! I love that mirror, and the color looks great on the neutral wall. Our front door is a burgundy color and I love the little bit of color that it adds to our house. It was that color when we bought the house so I have no experience painting doors, but I love colorful front doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can wait to see the tour!! I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in love with that mirror! Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the tour! And I think the painted door would be gorgeous. Ours is wood, but painted black. And the inside was oak, but we stained it darker to match our wood floors, and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...