Hallway Makeover - Phase 1


We are slowly moving along, painting these ugly walls in this house! This past weekend, my parents were here and helped us finish it up! They were able to help us finish up the last part which was the hallway. I've been struggling with what color to paint the hallway.

I took pictures throughout the paint stages so that you can see the differences.
We went to Lowe's and I made an impulse color decision...a wrong impulse decision. I choose Valspar's Churchill Wheat Hotel, it's a light tan color, and really pretty! When we got home and did the first coat, I knew immediately that it was not the color I was going for. The hallway walls meet up with the grey in our living room, so the colors just didn't blend the way I was wanting. It was a pretty color, just not what I was envisioning for the space!
So, we got back in the car and went BACK to Lowe's. I really looked around this time, I even brought my paint swatches from the living rooms walls so I could see them all together. We ended up choosing Valspar's Grey Beige. As soon as we started putting on the first coat, it all came together and was exactly what I was going for! I love how much it brightens up the hallway, instead of it being a dark, yellow tunnel.
I don't know if you noticed, but I also painted our doorbell box. It was a dark brown box sticking out of my newly painted wall. We eventually want to get a new box, so I went ahead and put 2 coats of paint on it. Easy peasy!

Things To Do:
-Paint over yellow walls
-Paint door bell box
-Spray paint door knobs
-Replace doorbell box
-Eventually replace door knobs
-Create gallery wall
-New hallway light
-Buy colorful runner
 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

4 comments:

  1. Love the new wall color for the hallway! And great idea painting the door bell box. It makes it blend in so much, you barely even notice it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the hallway! So serene :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, once again seems as if we have similar taste. My latest project is to add more gray to complement my turquoise and phase out the previous mocha shades, which also includes my hallway! Love your "to do" list and the progress you are making on your new home!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...