Caulking the Bathroom


When we first moved into our house, we made a list of just little things we wanted to get done ASAP. Caulking our master bath was one of them! The previous owners painted the baseboards, but didn't do any caulking, so we had these huge gaping spaces between our floors and the bottom of the baseboards. 



I have never caulked anything before in my life, so I kinda just went with the flow on this one. It's actually a lot easier than I anticipated! Make sure you get water-proof caulk that is used for the bathroom and kitchen and is silicon. (I at least did a little bit of research!) Shoot the caulk into the holes in a straight and even line, then use your finger to press it in and smooth it out. I wiped the excess caulk off onto a rag I had with me. After called my mom and telling her what I was doing, she said to keep a small bowl of water close by, and to dip my finger in it before smoothing out the caulk. It makes the caulk smooth and even.

Here is the after's of what the bathroom looks like. I can't wait to do a few other touches before showing what our whole bathroom looks like! PS I don't know why our baseboards look like they're dirty, I think it was the lighting in the room!





Have you ever caulked anything before?? Did I do it correctly??


 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I need to redo the caulking in my bathroom.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm planning to do some caulking to our baseboards in the kitchen, but I'm a little nervous because I've never caulked before either...glad to hear it wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...