Our Very {Ugly} Yellow Walls

As most of you know, we just bought a house in December. Unfortunately we've been super crazy with holiday festivities so we haven't been able to get much done around the house!! I haven't done a house tour because we still need to put things on the walls, paint, and finish unpacking. Once all that is done, I'll be giving a full home tour, along with what we plan on doing for each room, then updating y'all when we get some of it done! 

One of the great things about this house when we bought it was that it had been freshly painted...UN-fortunately it was pale yellow. Now, I'm not a yellow hater, but ALL over my house? I'm not okay with that. We knew as soon as we moved in that the yellow would have to go ASAP, so today I wanted to show y'all the before pics. We are currently in process of painting the living room, when all is said and done, I'll post the results! I should also mention these pics were actually taken with the camera on my phone while we were still looking at the house! The furniture shown is NOT ours! :)





We plan on using Behr's Restless Sea for the wall with all the windows. We think it'll be a great accent wall color! The owners left the long, white curtains, so those with the dark blue will look stunning!
For the rest of the walls in the living room, we plan on using Behr's Granite Boulder. I think it'll be really nice medium between the bright white and dark blue! I'm interested to see how it ends up looking!
Add these 2 colors with our white wainscoting and you have perfection!! Here is the living room that is my inspiration! If you follow Emily Clark, you'll recognize it! You can also follow my House Inspiration Board on Pinterest to see some great ideas I have for our house!
I'm so excited to see how it turns out! What do y'all think? If you have any ideas of what we should do, let me know! I love getting other people's perspectives!!


**UPDATE**- You can click HERE to see how our living room has been transformed!

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

6 comments:

  1. My room at my parents' house is a similar color. I like that shade, but it definitely works better in a smaller room. And are y'all going to redo the brick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices! I'm a fan of yellow, but you're right, it's not the best in a huge space like that. Also, I love those floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floors and the fireplace! Your paint colors will look amazing with the white trim and wainscoting! Can't wait to see after you paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I cannot get enough of y'alls cute house! Do you LOVE it?? I can't wait for the full house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration picture! We are having our house painted right now too! I can't wait for the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the panelling! It will contrast really well with the blue. Looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...