Living Room Update! - Navy Blue Accent Wall

Well y'all, today is the day! I'm so excited to show how our living room turned out! We  are loving the colors that we have chosen and are ready to start more projects to really bring the room together!

Before I show you the end result, let's see how awful the living room was before the makeover! Remember these ugly yellow walls? Like I said before, I'm not opposed to yellow walls, just not all over my house!



Now, for the big reveal!
Navy Blue- Behr's Restless Sea
Greige- Behr's Granite Boulder

Living Room Navy Blue Accent Wall

Behr Restless Sea - Accent Wall

My husband was definitely a little skeptical about me painting one of our walls a deep navy blue color, but after finding pictures all over Pinterest, he decided it might look okay. He is definitely please with the result, as it is growing more and more on him everyday!!

Behr Granite Boulder

I'm really loving the Greige that we used. It's darker than I had originally anticipated, but I like how it changes colors throughout the day. It's a very light greige color in the morning (the original color I wanted it to be), and as the sun sets, it becomes a darker grey. It goes perfectly with the navy blue and white wainscoting!

Living Room Makeover

Updates we have planned for the living room:
-Paint walls
-Get a new ottoman
-Makeover a dresser from Goodwill to create a TV stand
-Built-Ins around fireplace
-New couches
-Spray paint brass around fireplace
-Find artwork for the walls
-Change out light switches to white instead of cream
-Paint fireplace white?? 
-New lamps

Now, I know everyone likes a good "Before and After" so here ya go! It's amazing to see the difference just a little bit of paint can make!!!

Behr Paint - Living Room Makeover


What do y'all think?! Are you liking the navy blue accent wall?? Have any ideas that you think we should do? We'd love to hear from you!

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

11 comments:

  1. Love the navy wall with the wainscotting/beadboard. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Navy blue! I'm a big fan of anything accented with Navy!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love those couches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new paint colors!! The navy looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love that shade of navy against the white chair rail. Much better than the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a great update!!! I can't wait to see when it's completely done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful room!
    I love the new navy paint!
    It looks so pretty with white wainscoating--(is that the right word?)
    Happy weekend, Sarah!!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow good job! You certainly have a gift! I wish I can transform my very cramped room too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greige? What was the actual color you used for achieving the greige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it listed above, it's Behr's Granite Boulder.

      Delete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...