An Update + 10 Fun Facts About Me!!

Hey friends! I know I've been neglecting this blog recently. A lot has been going on that I just haven't had time to write anything. Let me catch you up real quick with what's going on around here! J and I moved to central Texas a little over a month ago for his new job. Since then, I've been looking for a job, got a new job, and starting a new business! We also found a great group of friends at a church we have started going to. It's so nice to have friends again!! In bigger and better news....WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! We decided that we officially want to stay here for awhile so we started looking around. We got a 6 month lease on our apartment for the specific reason of buying a house sooner rather than later. Call us crazy, but we only looked at one house and fell in love with it. We did look at every house in our price range online and this is the only one that interested us. It's an older home that has been completely redone on the inside. New, dark, hardwood floors, new paint, granite counter tops, remodeled kitchen. We are getting it for such a great price and we really just couldn't pass it up! We close on it the Tuesday before Thanksgiving!! With that being said, I won't be able to post much until we have moved and settled in. I will be packing up the apartment these next couple of weeks, so I won't be able to do any DIY crafts, cook new recipes, and show some organizing tips. SO please bare with me, I already have some Christmas posts ready for next month!! Anyways, on with the post!

1. I'm double jointed: I can pop my thumbs out of place, pull them all the way back towards my arm, turn my arm all the way around, give you a thumbs up with my toe, and bend my finger tips without bending my fingers.  My knees are also hyper-extended so they go backwards when my knees are locked.

2. I'm the only girl in my family other than mom/aunts. I have all brothers and boy cousins on both sides of my family. So me wanting a girl for my first pregnancy should be a given, like, God owes me that right? After all the boys I've had to deal with??

3. When I eat cake, I leave the icing for last. This actually goes for cupcakes as well.

4. I'm obsessed with Flaming Hot Cheetos, like can't get enough, actually that goes for anything spicy.

5. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. (I'm taking suggestions!) You can read my summer reading list HERE and my fall reading list HERE.

6. I don't like dogs. There, I said it. For some reason, all dogs like my feet. It's the first thing they do. They come over to my feet and lick them. It's absolutely disgusting. They also bark, shed, drool, it's just icky, sorry not sorry. I will take my cat-dog any day thank you very much.

7. I get major motion sickness. 3-D movies? Yep. Airplanes? Yes. Roller Coasters? Yeah. Riding in car? Uh-huh. Spinning in a circle? Wish I was kidding.

8. I hate the smell and taste of coffee....crazy right?? I won't go near it, it smells like a skunk to me. I don't know how many times I've called out to my husband or mom (both whom LOVE coffee) if there was a skunk outside because the house smells so awful.

9. I've been with my husband since I was 16, you can read our story and everything going on in our lives HERE.

10. I have an incredible fear of fish and birds. The fish fear I have no explanation for, they just creep me out. The bird fear is more recent, like past 3 years, only because I literally had a bird fly into me and it got stuck between my legs as I was walking. One of the most terrifying moments for me. (and probably the bird)

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

8 comments:

  1. You don't like coffee or dogs? We need to work on that - you need to come to the house and I will introduce you to Kendall. She's our boxer that we rescued. She has an amazing story and will melt anyone's heart. However, I too leave the icing for last and LOVE to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house purchase! I'll agree with you on not liking the taste of coffee. Not dogs though. Dogs are pretty much my favourite animal ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay congrats girl! what an exciting new step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like coffee either!

    xx Courtney
    chaseallyourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new house sounds like exactly what I want!! I love the old-style architecture with some of the newer updates! Congrats on the business as well! (p.s. I can't believe you don't like coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am double jointed too but in my elbows AND my knees also hyper extend when I stand straight!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...