Monday Meals: Avocado and Chicken Soup

Today I've got a great fall recipe for you all! I love when it's cool outside and we can sit and enjoy a great bowl of soup. This recipe makes great leftovers and I absolutely love it because I love avocados. 



**FYI: You can click HERE for the original recipe**

Ingredients:
-2 Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Avocados, enough to your liking
-1 1/2 C chopped green onions
-Garlic to taste (I put a bunch in!)
-Chopped cilantro to taste (I didn't care much for the cilantro, the hubby loved it though)
-3 Cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz)
-Olive oil
-1/8 Tsp Cumin

Step 1:
-Get a saute pan and cook chicken in olive oil. Once cooked, take out and shred, put to the side.

Step 2:
-In a large pot, saute garlic and onions in some olive oil. After about a minute or two, add in the chicken broth, cumin, and salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer on low for 15 mins.

Step 3:
-While simmering, chop cilantro and avocado 

Step 4:
-Once the fifteen minutes are up, add chicken to the broth and pour into bowls. Top with cilantro and avocados.

Step 5:
-Enjoy!



 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

4 comments:

  1. Oh my GRACIOUS. I am making this ASAP!!! Looks sooo tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Avocado soup is my absolute fav! I've never tried making it... definitely on my weekend to-make list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum!! I love soup and avocados.. so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...