How to Fold and Organize Your T-Shirts

Let's face it, most of us have way too many t-shirts than we need! I am totally guilty of this! After going to a college that gave out free t-shirts what seemed like every other day, both my husband and I have accumulated a lot of them!! I used to hang up all my t-shirts when I had the closet to myself, but now that I have to share with the husband, I can no longer do that. Our dresser has really shallow drawers making it rather difficult for all of my t-shirts to fit. So I of course purged and downsized a bit. I got rid of the shirts that were old and that I knew I wasn't going to wear anytime soon. Then I did what any normal person would do, I scoured Pinterest. I needed ideas of how to get all these shirts to fit in my drawer while still being able to see them all. I like to rotate my clothes, I hate wearing something that I wore the previous week (hastag OCD). Anyways, I finally came across this pin. I tried it, and sure enough it worked!!!



Folding your shirts like this and storing them on their side allows you to see exactly what you have. I'm proud to say I have kept up this system since we moved last December, so it works!

How do you guys store your t-shirts? Do you hang them up or fold them?


   photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

8 comments:

  1. I totally need to do this! My t-shirts are taking over the shelf in my closet that could be used to house other items. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tip! I fold my t-shirts, but I have waaaay too many! Being in a sorority in college, it seemed we were getting new shirts by the bundle. I need to try this!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to store my t-shirts the same way until I got moved to a dorm that had ZERO drawer space and now they sit stacked in one of those hanging holder things (so much more space than if I just hung them all up).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this same thing! I'm able to get SO much more into my dresser, it's crazy. I'm hosting a giveaway for two great pillow covers that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this for my daughters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'ma try this out soon! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic blog post, carry on the excellent work!
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/next-level/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I do the same for my kitchen towels, but it hasn't occurred to me to fold t-shirts. Thanks for the tip, Sarah!

    -Mila@milasmileu.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...