Monday Meals: Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Sandwiches



Mmmm mmmm mmmm. This sandwich is so tasty y'all! If you love cheese and jalapenos, this recipe is for you! Beware this a SPICY sandwich, so if you can't handle spice, you won't like this sandwich! This sandwich is really easy to make and the cheesy goodness mixed with the jalapenos is just divine! I found this recipe on Pinterest, and knew that I had to give it a try! (Psst...you can follow me HERE)


Ingredients:
-Softened cream cheese
-Mozzarella or cheddar cheese (I used both!)
-Butter
-Bread of your choosing
-Jalapenos (assume 1-1 1/2 jalapenos per person, depending how much spice you want)
-1 or 2 sandwich baggy 

Step 1:
-Get a baking sheet and place whole jalapenos on it. You can either broil the jalapenos until the outsides are starting to blacken, grill them, or cook them for 10-12 mins in 450 degrees Fahrenheit. I chose to broil them, but all of these ways will work!

Step 2:
-Once you pull the jalapenos out of the oven, immediately put them all into a plastic sandwich baggy and seal tight! Leave them in there for about 10 mins. This allows them to cool, and will help take the skins off real easily

Step 3:
-Start heating up your griddle, and get your sandwiched ready. Butter bread on one side on both slices for the sandwich. Then, spread cream cheese on the other side. After the 10 mins are up, take out the peppers, cut off tops, slice down the middle and take out all the "guts" aka seeds and lining.

Step 4:
-Place one slice of bread onto griddle (butter side down) put jalapeno slices on top of the cream cheese, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese on top, then place the second slice of bread on top.

Step 5:
-Once the side on the griddle is browned, flip sandwich over and brown the other side. Once both sides are nice and brown, and the cheese is melted, your sandwich is ready to eat!! I enjoyed mine with a side of ranch to help cool down the spiciness of the jalapeno

Enjoy!!


What are some of your favorite jalapeno recipes?? Do you like super spicy food, or do you stick with the mild stuff?

Image Map
 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

9 comments:

  1. Yumm that looks delicious! My husband would love it...I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this looks AMAZING! I am such a big fan of jalapeños! Definitely trying this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks incredible!!! I'm a new follower from The Collective blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy! I will certainly have to try this. I adore spicy foods - our next endeavor is a jalepeno jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would love this! It may would be a little too spicy for me, but I could probably try it. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I never thought to add jalapenos! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...pinned! Seriously though, this looks beyond words!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy! Perfect comfort food with a kick!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I need this sandwich in my life asap! Such a great invention! Mmmm-mmmm-mmmm!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...