How to Keep Your Purses Organized In Your Closet


Hey y'all! So I had a few people email me and ask how I organize my purses, so since this is a somewhat organizational blog, I thought I'd just share it with all of you! I don't do any spectacular or difficult even, but maybe it'll help you out.

I LOVE purses! As I have discussed with y'all many times, I'm not a color person, so most of my colors are solid colors or black and white, so I use my purses as my "pop of color". It so far has seemed to work pretty well for me (or so I think).  My husbands' grandma loves to shop and buy purses, so whenever she doesn't want them anymore, she lets me have my pick of what I want. It's awesome!

Since I have SO many purses, and we have such a small closet that we have to share, I can't keep all my purses out all year long.  Twice a year I take out all of my purses and lay them on the bed so I can see them all.  I then weed out the purses that I no longer want, or ones that I won't wear anymore.  I then seperate them into two piles:

1) Fall/Winter- These purses are purses that I normally use in the winter-time, they are mostly blacks, dark reds, browns, and deep oranges (you get the picture)

2) Spring/Summer- These purses are purses I wear in the summertime, they are usually smaller and very colorful. I also keep my "traveling" purses with this bunch because we tend to travel more in the summer (travel purse=across body purses)

Once sorted into the 2 piles, I take the out-of-season purses and put them into a big plastic tub and put them away until the right season rolls around, and I put the current season purses back into my closet! I try to switch purses every 1-2 weeks so that I make sure I use them all at least once a season.  Any that I don't use by the time I switch out the seasons, I donate.

See? Simple, easy, and takes what, an hour? DO IT. Clean out those purses! Any purses that you no longer want, be sure to donate them so that someone else can use them.  Oh, and donate immediately so that they aren't sitting around your house, cluttering it!

What are some ways you organize your purses?

 photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I was one of the people that asked you this! And that's exactly how I organize my purses now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the hanging shoe shelves in my closet for my purses. It seems to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog design!!! It's super cute and fresh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to keep everything organize! Thanks for the tips! Came here from your post at Caravan Sonnet!

    Hugs~
    Glory
    http://anythingonmymindpr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I would LOVE for you to share this at "That's My Style" Link Party TODAY (every weekend) on my blog. Not comfortable sharing? Stop by anyway for beauty related post and fun DIY projects. I hope to see you there! :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great tips! I don't have too many purses so it is pretty easy for me to organize, but I think it is so cute when people color code their purses/closets :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com
    P.S.
    I love your blog! I just started following via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...