We're MOVING!!

The past few weeks or so, my husband started thinking about what he really wanted to do job wise. He loves his job right now, but it isn't exactly what he wants to do his entire life. This job is also just a 2 year training-type job, so we knew eventually we were going to have to move.  So a week or so ago, I found a position online that I thought he would be perfect for. He applied and we didn't really think much of it until a few days later, they called for an interview! We were shocked. When we were looking for jobs last year, it took FOREVER for someone to even want to interview.  So he went and did the interview. He said it went pretty well, nothing great. They told him they were going to be doing second interviews, and they'd call if they wanted him to come back.

Well, on our way home last Wednesday, they called! So last Friday, he went in and had "the best interview" he's ever had. He got along with the interviewer and conversation flowed. They told him he would hear Monday if he got the job. Well, Monday passes, we don't hear from them. Tuesday passes, he even emailed them. We wanted to know one way or the other. By Tuesday evening, we gave up hope. We hadn't heard from them and we weren't going to. We prayed and just asked God to lead us in the direction He wanted us to go. The next day my husband called me at work to tell me that they offered him the position!!! We were in complete shock and denial! We had moved on and considered that door closed. We also found out that his tentative start date will be Sept. 23. That doesn't give us much time to find a new place to live, pack, move, and for me to find a new job. So this next month is going to be a whirlwind! I have posts ready for this next week, but if I go off the map for a little while you'll know why!!

We are so incredibly thankful for this opportunity. It is my husband's dream job, and we'll be close to our family again! I am bummed that we will be leaving the Dallas area, and I haven't gotten to meet all you awesome Dallas bloggers! We will be moving to the Killeen, Belton, Temple area, so if you know anything about that area, please let me know! We have never spent much time around there!!

   photo signaturepost2_zps39a43f4a.png

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Sounds like a exciting/fun/stressful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Belton!!!! That's soo cool! It's a small area, but still nice. The house prices are awesome there right now. Lots of new development! Cant wait to hear all about this :) We need to meet up sometime when you move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Move! Sounds like fun. Good luck with trying to find a new job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo awesome!!! Congrats to your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I love life's little surprises! Good luck! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Congratulations to your hubby!!! Good luck on your move! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting!! My husband and I just had a similar situation happen and we had just three weeks to move! Life is still a bit of a whirlwind, but it's oh so exciting! Congrats on the new adventure, I pray you find a job quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! How exciting :) My BFF and her hubby live in Belton!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! :) I am a new follower! I am now following you on Bloglovin' and GFC! I would love if you would visit my blog and follow me back! :)

    Kaitlin
    blushingbeautyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! How exciting, and congrats to your husband! I went to college in Waco (which isn't far), so if you need any recommendations for there, I'm your girl! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I am your follower and now following you via FB and Bloglovin'.
    xoxo
    Rena a.k.a www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally must have missed this post! How exciting! Are you still going to do accounting?? I have some life-long friends that are from Belton/Temple. If you need any information about the area, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...