How to Organize Your Email

Hey friends! So, did you know that you can organize your email account? Leave it to me to figure that one out! ;) Anyways, I know that there have been a couple of posts from other bloggers on how to do this, I thought I'd give you my version!

I LOVE opening my email and seeing that I have "x" number of emails that are people's comments, or people saying hi, but it can DEFINITELY get overwhelming, really fast.  I have a seperate email account for my blog that I really advise for everyone to do, so personal email doesn't get lost in blog email.

Anyways, here is how to organize your email!

Step 1: Go to your Gmail homepage, click the circle flower thing then click settings and it will take you to this page

Step 2: Go to the "Labels" tab at the top, then scroll down to "Create new label" and click

Step 3: Type in your new label name, then click "Create"

Step 4: Your new label should now be on the left side of your screen! 

Step 5: To add a color to it, hover your mouse over the new label name, it should get a gray box around it with a dark gray box to the right, click on that dark box

Step 6: The first section should be "Label color", click it, then choose your color, simple as that!

Step 7: You are all done! Continue steps 2-6 until you have all of your desired labels!

I currently have 7 categories:
-Bloglovin-This is a category that I need to delete since I turned off my notifications, I no longer get emails from them! (follow me HERE)
-Comments-These emails are comments I have made on other blogs, and comments made by others on my blog
-Conversations-These emails are misc. emails, and emails between me and another person just talking
-Pinterest- These emails are ones that I need to turn the notification off, they let me know when someone is following me or pinned my pin (follow me HERE)
-Sponsor/Link-Up-These are emails from Passionfruit, or for when I am co-hosting a Link-Up or something like that
-Twitter-I have turned off my notifications from this, but they are emails I get when someone replies to a tweet, follows me, or when someone mentions me in their tweet (follow me HERE)
-Cleats and Cleavage-These emails help me to keep track who is is my Fantasy Football League, and anything and everything that has to do with that.

I could easily put these into about 5 categories since I turned off my Bloglovin and Twitter notifications, but I haven't yet.You can also set it to when you receive a comment email, it automatically turns the email the color that you have already chosen. That way when you are checking your email really fast, you'll know if the email in your inbox are ones you need to respond to ASAP or not. (Let me know if you want a tutorial for this!)  After I have responded to the ones I need to (ex: comments) I then put that email in the label: Comments. That way whenever I need to go back and find someone's comment, I can easily do so!

This is such an easy way to get your mail out of your inbox and stop stressing you out! This doesn't have to be used just in blogworld, you can even use this at work! Have a label for "Meetings", or "Project 1", "Personal", "Appointments", etc, it's just a way to help you stay a little more organized! Let me know if you have any questions about this, I know my pictures weren't the best, I'm still trying to figure out the whole screenshot business!

linking up with Join The Gossip Funday Monday Merrier Monday Sweet Share Monday

10 comments:

  1. These are great tips. I have my gmail organized similarly. I, too, have a different email for my blog and personal life and that also makes things WAY easier. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I have something similar set up on my email account but I think I need to clean it up even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. Thanks for sharing..
    Here I would like to share a simple tool called Beyond Inbox to organize your Inbox. It'll also helps you to Backup, Archive, Transfer and Restore your Emails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. As someone who has 4 email accounts and thousands of back emails in each, I should probably get to work on this right away. See you next week. Thank you for sharing this with the Less Laundry, More Linking party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, I am inspired to take my organization up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Blog!! Newest follower! Looking forward to coffee and reading many posts!
    Tara from Laila's Charming Pieces :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this! I am not used to using gmail, and this helped a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Thanks for this post. It was very helpful. Can you email me the tutorial on how to have the massages in my inbox correspond to the colors on my labels? Thanks (dennisfamily.elizabeth@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Just stopped in from I Heart Organizing. Love your blog! Following you on all the social media outlets now. Thanks for this post! ~M.

    http://redesignedbym.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog for the first time today and I am in love!! I was wondering if you could send me the other tutorial that goes more into the color labels that you were talking about... my email is stacey.hayes27@gmail.com. I can't wait to keep reading the rest of your blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...