Monday Meals: Healthy Bell Pepper Nachos


Today I have a great recipe for y'all! Over the 4th I went out to a friends' lake house and we made this for dinner one night.  I'm addicted to nachos, I eat them all the time. They are just so quick and easy to make, but unfortunately not too healthy!  So when my friend found this recipe on Pinterest we decided to try it out! Basically, instead of using chips you use halved bell peppers.

Click HERE for the original recipe!

Ingredients:
-Small Bell Peppers (ours came in a bag in the produce area)
-Shredded Cheese
-Diced Tomatoes
-Sliced Olives
-Chopped Cilantro
-Cubed Cooked Chicken/Taco Beef
-Chopped Chives
-1 tsp of Olive Oil
-Minced Garlic (to your liking)
-1 tsp Chili Powder
-1 Cup Salsa


Step 1:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a skillet heat oil, salsa, garlic, chili powder, chicken/beef, cook for about 1-2 just to heat it up. Add salt and pepper to your tasting

Step 2:
-Cut bell peppers in half, take out seeds and ribs and flatten out on a cookie sheet (they need to lay flat like a chip)
-Spoon mixture on top of bell peppers evenly, add cheese and olives

Step 3:
-Cook in oven for 10 mins.
-Once done, add remaining toppings and eat!

Do you have a go-to nacho recipe that you like? What do you like on your nachos?

16 comments:

  1. this looks yummy! thanks for sharing :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so good!! pinning now for later bbq's!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME. We love stuffed peppers - and this is like nacho stuffed peppers. Thanks!

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look AMAZING -thanks for sharing!

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a really good idea! I'm going to have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just pinned!!! I have been on a healthy journey and love nachos but haven't been able to have them for soooo long!! Thanks!!

    Just dropping in from the GFC Hop to meet you and follow via GFC!

    Would love to invite you to join Lets Get Social Sunday!
    http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/07/lets-get-social-sunday-28_7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Love everything I see in the picture...now I just need to head straight to the store...cause I'm hungry haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shut the front door... why didn't I think of this?! I love nachos but never make them at home since they aren't the healthiest option. I have already added these to my menu for next week! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog!! New follower here! I love that you're a newlywed! My wedding is in 39 days....oh my!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. um yum! I totally need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always skip nachos because of the calories, this is such a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband would eat nachos everyday if I would cook it. I will try this next week when he is home! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a massive nacho lover so this is going right on my to do list for this weekend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM!! I've never seen this version of nachos before, but I LOVE the idea of using bell pepper!! Looks delish!

    Thanks for linking up, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUMMY! These look so good. Thanks for sharing at A Healthy Tuesday hop. :D

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...