DIY: Goodwill Brass Lamp Makeover



I love me some Goodwill! I make a weekly trip every Saturday morning to check out what they have. I have been looking for a lamp for my bedside table for a long time and FINALLY found one at Goodwill that I loved! Although it was brass, I really liked the shape of it and it was only $6.00 so you can't really beat that.

Here is the before picture of the lamp. Before I started, I took off the harp, and taped off the top. I then windexed the whole thing to make sure it was clean.

After taping it off, I spray painted a white primer on it.  I know I could have sanded it a little bit, but I just really didn't want to go to the store. After letting the primer dry for about an hour, I started spray painting. I have a silver/cream/blue theme going on in our bedroom right now, so I wanted bedside lamps that were silver with cream lampshades. I spray painted the lamp and let it dry overnight.

The next day, I went to Target and found the lampshade that I wanted. It was only $18! I was super excited! I came home and put the lamp together and set it up in our room. Here is how it turned out!







What do you think? I love it! I ended up going back and buying a matching shade for the other side of the bed and spray painting that lamp the same color so that they match!

14 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Makes me wish my mom had kept all her old brass lamps so that I could make them over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO super nifty! It's easy to overlook things that have awesome potential. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! That turned out super cute! Makes me want to go to Goodwill to see what I can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brava - perfect GW Boutique upcycle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The color looks great- gotta love Goodwill finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I am in need of lamps so I know what I am going to be doing now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Which Goodwill do you go to around here?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I'm looking to do this exact thing but I can't find a lamp I like! Hopefully I'll find one soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Such a fun and easy project with big results!! This makes me so excited for our new home, I can't wait to have little decor projects like this :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is adorable! I have pinned for later reference :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I just love that paint job! Well done! I think I have an old brass lamp in the garage somewhere. Am going to have to try this color. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could try getting a lamp free through your local freecycle site. It's a yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hitting the Goodwill and similar stores out here for items like that lamp. You never know what great items you can find and turn them into something different. I have to say yours came out beautiful and a much different idea then I would have had for the lamp. Very creative design, I can't wait to see what you do next.

    Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...