Bloggy Bestie Weekend: Paddle-boarding, Mimosas, and Duck Dynasty

Hey friends!! This is my first week to link up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans. As you know, I posted Friday about how the lovely Miss Lacey from Sunny + Turquoise was here this weekend to hang out with me!! Y'all, I LOVE this girl. She is so awesome, and has become one of my closest friends.  If you follow me on Instagram (@limitedspaceorganizing) you saw a little preview of the things we did this weekend, but here is a big picture dump for you all!

Friday: I unfortunately had to work all day, so Lacey got to experience what it was like to hang out at the pool in Texas during the summer.  It was a cool 103 degrees, something I don't think most Illinoisans experience very often! After I got off work we went to a Mexican restaurant in downtown Fort Worth with J, his buddy, and his buddies' wife.  We had a great time talking and eating. A little odd moment when Js' friend asked how Lacey and I knew each other (insert awkward explanation of meeting online and blogging). After dinner, they took us to this hidden gem of a bar downtown where we had some drinks and played corn hole and giant jenga. Lacey and I discovered we both suck at corn hole, and she lost at Jenga!


J took these photos...he clearly doesn't know how to work a camera ;)


Saturday: We got up semi-early because we had 10 o'clock reservations to paddle-board at White Rock Lake up in North Dallas. You might think it's not hot enough to be out on the water that early, but you clearly have never been to Texas! It was already hitting 90 by the time we actually got out on the water.  Paddle-boarding is officially a new favorite thing to do. If you ever get a chance to go, DO IT. For the first half-hour, it was pretty windy so I had a lot of trouble balancing. I didn't fall, but I ended up just sitting on the board and paddling, which I think I might like better anyways! Lacey and I sat and floated on our boards together for awhile, it was so relaxing.  We got to watch J fall in numerous times which is always funny! After paddle-boarding, we headed down the street to a taco place. This place was so good and had $3 mimosas, yes, please! They also have amazing queso, and jalapeno ranch. It was all amazing and filled us up! After eating, we went back to the apartment to get ready for the concert. J found groupon tickets for the Buckets and Boots fundraising Texas country concert going on outside of Fort Worth. Pat Green, Casey Donahew, Turnpike Troubadors, and Tracy Lawrence were playing and Willie from Duck Dynasty was the MC. Lacey had never heard of Texas Country, and wanted a real Texas experience while she was down here. I don't think you can get more Texas than a Texas Country concert out on a ranch in the middle of nowhere! Lacey ended up catching the pick the singer from Turnpike Troubadors through into the crowd! She also ended up getting a picture with him later on.  We had some really good hamburgers, and had a great time hanging out and listening to music.

Lacey's ootd for paddle-boarding

SO EXCITED!
Mimosas!





nasty and sweaty...it was so hot out there!
photo cred: Lacey
This guy danced the WHOLE time we were there...
he provided a great source of entertainment for us!
Sunday: The plan was to sleep in, then get something to eat, then take Lacey to the airport. She was flying out at 1, so we needed to get her there by 12.  What happened was, J and I ended up sleeping until 10:15, so we weren't able to do much of anything! We felt SO bad!! I didn't realize how tired I was! We got all of Lacey's things together and headed for the airport. It was so hard to say goodbye. With Lacey, our friendship has always been easy. Never hard to make conversation, we just click.  So her leaving was even more hard because our friendship really grew this weekend! J and I are already making plans to head up to see her in Chicago, and she plans on coming back down here!

Overall, probably one of the best weekends I've had in a LONG time! Can't wait to see this girl again! How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting or fun?

6 comments:

  1. This looks like it was such a perfect weekend!! So jealous of the blate! And $3 mimosa's?! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! It's awesome to spend time with blogging buddies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that yall went paddle boarding! Such a fun little past time! :)

    XOXO
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super random but do you guys have a Cr-V these days? The inside of the car you are standing behind looks exactly like my moms haha You and J look great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...