7 Books You Should Read This Summer





I'm not sure if many of you know, but I am a closeted bookworm! Since I was a little kid I have loved to read.  I never liked any of the books they made us read in school, but I loved reading books that I picked out for myself.  When I was in elementary school, I actually won a trip to an amusement park with 5 other kids for reading so many books in the library.  I thought I'd share some of my favorite books that I have read so far, that you might want to check out and read this summer!

1. Something Borrowed- Emily Giffin- I love me some Emily Giffin! Her books are funny, easy to read, and super chick lit.  This book was actually made into a movie with Kate Hudson in it.  I like the movie, but the book is better. (the book is almost ALWAYS better!) Also, read all of her other books! There is actually a sequel to this book called, Something Blue. It's really good, I like Something Borrowed better though.


2. Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn- This is a somewhat newer book, it just came out this year I think.  It's a book I had been meaning to read for a long time and finally got around to it! It's more of a suspense novel, and I really had no idea how the end was going to be, and that's how I like my books! There were a lot of twists which I really enjoyed!


3. Safe Haven- Nicholas Sparks- Another chick lit book, this was also made into a movie that just came out this year with Josh Duhmal (swoon!), and Julianne Hough (gorgeous).  I actually watched the movie before I read the book on this one. I loved the movie and knew I had to read the book. Of course, the book was even better!! I read the book in a couple of days it was THAT good. I actually have been converted into a Sparks fan because of this, and am reading more of his books now.


4. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)- Mindy Kaling- You might know this girl from The Office! This book is HILARIOUS, she is so funny! This a memoir about her life, and it was so funny I read it really quickly! If you want a fun read, check this one out!


5. Georgia Bottoms- Mark Childress- This book is really funny too! I really like the characters in the book and the ending was very unexpected for me, which is what I love! Childress has written some other books that I've been meaning to get my hands on!


6. One For the Money- Janet Evanovich- I have read almost all the numbers in this book series.  They are FULL of suspense and humor.  I read these books really fast as well.  This book was just made into a movie a year ago or so. It have Katherine Heigl in it as the main character in the series and Sherry Shepard (who did a great job!).  Although the movie was alright, it didn't do the book justice.  So, if you hated the movie, still try the book, because the book is 100 times better!


7. Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte- I gotta have a classic on here! This is my all time FAVORITE book, I couldn't even guess how many times I have read it, and I honestly couldn't tell you why it's my fav, I just like. it. a. lot.  This is not an easy read, and usually takes me awhile to finish it because it's a really long book. If you are looking for a classic to read the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen won't let you down!

Do you have any book recommendations for me? I'm always looking for new books to read!

14 comments:

  1. I saw the first book movie: Something borrowed. And as a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Kate Hudson fan (my favorite actress) I liked the movie but not as much as her other ones like Almost Famous. The plot was OKAY. But yes, the book is almost ALWAYS better in every case.

    Ginny
    www.buttergirldiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So going to have to check out Georgia Bottoms because it looks like we have the exact same taste in books! Thanks for the great recommendation - I love being able to add a book to my "must read" list!!!

    xo ~kim & chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is perfect for me right now! I leave for vacation next week and I am going book shopping this weekend! I'm definitely buying the Mindy book. Thanks for sharing your favorites!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check out my summer reading list! See if there are any on there you'd like :) http://www.theladyokieblog.com/2013/06/spark-notes-is-devil-and-my-summer.html. I've been wanting to read One for the Money. It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone Girl is my absolute favourite book ever. I'll have to check out some of the other ones you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane Eyre is one of my all-time favorites too.
    I've been loving Maeve Binchy books lately - if you like chick lit you'll probably enjoy them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read all of these except Georgia Bottoms- adding that to my Kindle now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the suggestions!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list! I just pinned...thanks! I love anything by Nicolas Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from "That Friday Blog Hop". I have read a few of those books. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Follower from the blog hop! Enjoyed your blog! I'm always looking for new book suggestions so this is great. I have tried so hard to like Jane Eyre but I just can't seem to get into it!

    keepitsimple.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I am so behind on my summer reading! I feel like this summer has gone by so fast. Thanks for the suggestions. Found you via the Lovely Blog Hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I' am doing my Saturday blog reading. Just clicking and reading and I came across your blog. Super Cute! Love reading other Texan women blogs. Consider me a new follower! I've read 2 of those seven books. I really would like to read Gone Girl. Maybe that will be my next book since I really dont have anything lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this list! I just found you from CW Blogger. I am a Mindy fan for sure. I've watched all of the Mindy Project Episodes! I will definitely be checking the rest of your site out as I'm a fellow organizing lover! lol!
    dija at theinspiredcafe.com xo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...