Your Cat May Be a Dog If:

It's no secret that I am a cat lover since I post a picture of my cat Destin on my Instagram (@limitedspaceorganizing) at least once a week.  J and I always call her our "cat-dog" since she is a cat but acts like she's a dog.  When we first got married, we really wanted to get a pet, J wanted a dog, but I told him that there was no way we were keeping a dog in our little apartment, so we decided on getting a cat. Little did we know, that although this cat we got looked like one, it actually acted more like a dog.



1. Your cat might be a dog if: She plays fetch with you- we didn't even teach her this, she started just bringing us her ball, when we throw it, she runs after it and brings it back!

2. Your cat might be a dog if: She follows you everywhere you go- Most cats won't give you the time of day, they just bother you when they want food. Not Destin. If I'm in our room she has to be in there, if I'm working on the blog at the table, she sits on the chair next to me, I can't even shower in peace because she stands outside the door meowing!

3. Your cat might be a dog if: She loves being outside- Even though Destin has always been an inside cat, when we lived with my parents while looking for jobs, she loved being outside running around our property with the my parents' cats. Now that we are back in an apartment she loves going out on our balcony and watching the birds.

4. Your cat might be a dog if: She loves to cuddle in bed- Every night before bed, J and I read our books and Destin loves to come cuddle up with us, she gets really upset when we kick her out!

5. Your cat might be a dog if: She welcomes you at the door when you come home- Every morning when J and I leave for work, Destin walks us to the door, and when we come home that evening, she's right there at the door waiting for us! Most cats don't even notice that you left in the first place!


What are some strange things that your cat does? Do you have a "cat-dog" too?

Jade and Oak

17 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! My experiences with cats haven't been this good at all; my parents cat attacks people who look at her wrong haha. This almost makes me want to give cats another chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mannnn. This makes me miss my cat. :( I had one when I was younger. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is allergic, so we can't get one together. My cat did everything except number 3. He was deadly afraid of going outside!

    Totally going to follow you on Instagram now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cat is just like this and I love it!! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! I love Destin! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a huge fan of cats but I think I would like yours- a perfect combo! Clean like a cat, but friendly like a dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cat that's a dog too!!! We recently got a second cat, and he is all cat- its hard to handle after being so spoiled with our first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the opposite problem, I have a dog that thinks he's a cat. I mean climbing the cat tower and batting at you with his paws....
    That's what you get when you let your cat raise your puppy :)
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cat is the same way! Especially with the fetch - she loves to use hair-ties though instead ;) it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a cat lover too. I think the reason "dog people" don't like cats is they think they aren't friendly & are standoffish. My cat sounds like yours. She doesn't run & hide when people come over. On holidays she ends up sitting with us. Usually after dinner & if someone gets up, she ends up in a seat. She does play fetch. Loves people & attention. She sleeps on the bed with me every night. Usually leaning against my arm or at my feet. She even ends up in my daughter's room every night when we read her a book. She loves books & shoes. Sorry that I went on & on. I just love talking about cats. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a few cats that I adopted during my elementary and high school days. Then they just suddenly disappear from me.
    New gfc and bloglovin follower from the collective hop.
    http://thirtythree80.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/7761929

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I wonder if my dog is a cat! I've never seen a cat play fetch, though! That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well it appears I have a dog wearing the suit of a cat in my house, dang, I wanted a cat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty sure our cat must be a dog then, too! We used to have a cat that loved to sneak out the door every chance he could get, but he'd get to the middle of the yard and stop in his tracks and just meow for someone to rescue him!
    Eva Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw so cute! thanks for linking up with us - would love a link back to the linkup so other pet-lovers can find it. thanks! :)
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, this got me teary because our cat Mingo was so much like a dog. He greeted us at the door when we came home, he totally played fetch, he followed me around and slept with me every night. He died two years ago and while I adore the cats we have now, I miss that sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sara,
    Cute kittie...I love a naughty cat! As a long time cat owner, we've had cats in my family my whole life. Most cats will follow you around the house, love being in your bed and will wait by the door for when you come home. They are actually very social creatures. Just letting you know this in case you know someone else considering getting a cat...they are great pets!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...