It's no secret that I am a cat lover since I post a picture of my cat Destin on my Instagram (@limitedspaceorganizing) at least once a week. J and I always call her our "cat-dog" since she is a cat but acts like she's a dog. When we first got married, we really wanted to get a pet, J wanted a dog, but I told him that there was no way we were keeping a dog in our little apartment, so we decided on getting a cat. Little did we know, that although this cat we got looked like one, it actually acted more like a dog.
1. Your cat might be a dog if: She plays fetch with you- we didn't even teach her this, she started just bringing us her ball, when we throw it, she runs after it and brings it back!
2. Your cat might be a dog if: She follows you everywhere you go- Most cats won't give you the time of day, they just bother you when they want food. Not Destin. If I'm in our room she has to be in there, if I'm working on the blog at the table, she sits on the chair next to me, I can't even shower in peace because she stands outside the door meowing!
3. Your cat might be a dog if: She loves being outside- Even though Destin has always been an inside cat, when we lived with my parents while looking for jobs, she loved being outside running around our property with the my parents' cats. Now that we are back in an apartment she loves going out on our balcony and watching the birds.
4. Your cat might be a dog if: She loves to cuddle in bed- Every night before bed, J and I read our books and Destin loves to come cuddle up with us, she gets really upset when we kick her out!
5. Your cat might be a dog if: She welcomes you at the door when you come home- Every morning when J and I leave for work, Destin walks us to the door, and when we come home that evening, she's right there at the door waiting for us! Most cats don't even notice that you left in the first place!
What are some strange things that your cat does? Do you have a "cat-dog" too?