1. Go country dancing!-This girl loves country music and has never two-stepped in her life. (say what?!) I know. So the hubby and I plan on taking her to Billy Bob's dance-hall to get our dance on and show off our moves! Lacey has no idea what "real" country music is (Texas Country) so we are excited to show her!
2. Visit the Stockyards- If you have ever been to Fort Worth, then you know what the stockyards are and how "Texan" they are! I can't wait to show Lacey some horses, long-horns, and real Mexican food (Joe T. Garcia's). I'm guaranteeing that she goes home with a cowboy hat, a "Don't Mess With Texas" shirt, and cowboy boots.
3. Lay out at the pool- Lacey is from the chi-town area and see's no sun! Well, not as much as we do here. So we will be maxing some serious time out at the pool. She'll get to experience a real Texas summer (think 100 degree weather AT LEAST)
4. Eat Mexican food-Yes, this is its own catagory! The Mexican food in Texas is REAL Mexican food, and it. is. amazing. When Lacey told me she liked Mexican food I was skeptical because there is no way that there is good Mexican food up north. I want to show her homemade corn and flour tortillas, with homemade guac and queso. I can't wait to gobble up!
5. Shop!- Something both Lacey and I do well is find bargins while shopping. I know I am not a fashion blogger like she is, but I love shopping and buying new clothes (only if they are on sale of course) I love comparing our finds from the weekends with each other.
I can't wait for her to get here! We definitely plan on taking plenty of pictures that we will be sharing here in blogland! Have you met any bloggy besties in person? Any advice?