Monday Meals: Garlic and Pesto Cheese Tortellini

So this meal today is SUPER easy! Only three ingredients? Can't get any better than that! One of my college roommates actually introduced this recipe to me when she made it for us for dinner one day.  I immediately fell in love with how easy and cheap it was to make.



Ingredients:
-1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini (you can get it with chicken inside too)
-Pesto (I found this in the spaghetti section at our store)
-Minced garlic
-Olive Oil

Step 1:
-Boil some water and add desired amount of frozen tortellini.  The tortellini is already cooked, this is just thawing it out for you.

Step 2:
-Once thawed, strain water and put noodles back into pot.  Add desired amount of garlic, pesto, and olive oil.  The olive oil will make the pesto into a sauce. Stir until evenly coated.

**NOTE: if you decide to chop up fresh garlic, be sure you cook it in the olive oil first otherwise it will be too overwhelming for this dish! (I learned from experience!)**

Step 3:
-Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. The family loves tortellini! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I wish I had not seen this so long before lunch!
    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make this all the time, I love it! Pesto and Tortellini, it's a match made in heaven. Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love tortellini! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE tortellini but never thought about mixing it with pesto. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with Jess and I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tortellini with pesto!! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! Anything stuffed with cheese is at the top of my list!! I've been on a pesto kick too... def need to give this a try! Thanks for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...