Guest Post: Bathroom Organizing Basics

Hey friends! So I know I posted this earlier this week, but I had to take it down because the pics weren't showing up. I finally got it fixed, so we are starting over! I have an AWESOME reader guest posting for me today! We are wrapping up "April Showers: Bathroom Organization" month here today at LSO. Morgan is a fellow obsessed organizer, so when she emailed me asking if she could show off her bathroom, of course I had to say yes!!! Her bathroom is super organized and I'm completely jealous of it!! Be sure go stop by her blog and say hi! Thanks y'all!

***********************************************


Hi there, my name is Morgan, and I blog over at Morganize with Me!  
I am popping in today to talk a little bit about bathroom organizing basics.  

I really like organizing bathrooms.  I like them because they are generally smaller spaces, so I find it easier to keep up on the systems.  And…let's face it we can spend a lot of time in our bathrooms - keeping the pretty happening day in and day out!  So...I think it is important for it to be a very functional space.  Let's talk about the basics... 


Keep the Counters Clutter Free



Use containers to organize and store things on your counters and minimize how much you actually keep on top of your counters.  Your bath will automatically look more organized if the surfaces are less cluttered!



Maximize Drawer Storage





Use trays or dividers to better organize your drawers.  And, be sure to make it a habit to put things right back to where they belong. :)


Store the Extras



Designate a spot to tuck away the extras, your back stock - we call it the Target closet at our house!  No need to keep the extras mixed with what you are currently using.  


Hang with Hooks



I don't believe in towel bars.  I don't want to have to take the time to fold and hang my towel over a bar.  So...whenever I can I just switch out to a hook.




For my kiddos I give them each their own towel color for their own towel hook.  So simple!




TP Basket



Every bathroom should have a secret {or not so secret} stash of extra TP.  




Morgan is a momma on a mission to share some tried and true techniques that she hopes will encourage you as you focus on your health and home.  Join her on her journey as she attempts to control the chaos!


13 comments:

  1. These are some great ideas for organizing the bathroom. I so need to do that.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was your blog when I was doing a Linky Hop Organization last month?
    I loved this. this was great!

    I'm following from the Lovely Blog Hop.

    xoxo,
    Khloe
    www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom looks awesome. Wanna come to my house? ;-)

    Found you at the Find and Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way about hooks. The only towel bar I use is for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the blog hop!

    www.lukerfamilytales.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to be this organized!!! Found you from the link up!
    Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome organizing tips! Thanks for sharing :)

    ~Sam
    www.samanthaelizabeths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Wildcard Wednesday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Love My Post. Great ideas for organization. Newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this post! Thank you for sharing, I gotta pin this to look at later. :) Stopped by from I Love My Post hop!

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I am always looking for more bathroom organizing tricks. I posted about some of my makeup/bathroom organization here:
    http://www.moderncommonplacebook.com/2013/03/27/candle-jar-diy-and-makeup-organization/

    Love the good ideas! Thanks!

    Ginny
    www.moderncommonplacebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you joined Lets Get Social Sunday this morning??? If not, lotsa new friends and followers are waiting on you. See Ya There!

    Hugs
    Evelyn
    @ My Turn for us
    http://www.myturnforus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great ideas

    New follower from I love my post

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...