"You have really pretty eyes"-Our Loooove Story

Hey friends!! So I've been getting some inquiries about the story behind my husband and I.  How did you meet? How long have you been together? So, today, in honor of Wedding Wednesday, I thought I'd start my wedding series! :) I feel like my husband and I have a very unique and interesting story and it would be fun to share! (it's a lengthy one, so prepare yourself...we've been together a looong time)

So, first things first...Our Story

One of my favorite pictures of us!!

My husband Jeffrey and I actually met when we were 16 yrs old (yes we are high school sweethearts!), while working at the local movie theater as our summer job. I had already been working there a couple of weeks before he was hired on.  Now as all you ladies know, when you are sixteen, all you care about are the "hott" guys and flirting.  Well, when Jeffrey started working there he was immediately dubbed "the hott guy" at work.  And no, not by me, by ALL the other girls! Actually, because everyone else liked him, it made me not like him.  I thought he was good looking and all, but I had my eye on another boy who worked with us.  Well, as a few weeks passed, I didn't even get a chance to work with him, we literally worked opposite shifts so we had no reason to talk or anything.  Until one day it was us two and another co-worker working on a slow day.  He and I were just standing there, never having talked before, so it was completely awkward.  I have this thing with eyes...I love pretty blue eyes, probably because mine are ugly brown, but anyways, Jeffrey has some of the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen.  So naturally, to break the ice, I said, "Hey, you have really pretty eyes!", was this the best thing I could've said to the hott guy? Uh, probably not. He looked at me, said, "Thanks.", and walked away. We never spoke again. Mainly because I ended up getting fired a couple weeks later...but that's a whole 'nother story!

college days when the hubs had long hair

Time moved on, and one day I was in history class and the girl behind me (who I had worked at the movie theater with) asked me if I remembered Jeffrey.  I said the hott guy? And she said yes, I couldn't remember what he looked like and she tried to describe him to me, but she couldn't jog my memory. She then told me that he had asked about me at work and was wanting my number.  I thought that was really strange since we had never talked and I couldn't even remember what he looked like. I gave her my number, but she said how about I just give you his, and you can text him? Why I said yes, I have no clue, but I text messaged him (I am not normally this kind of person, I'm shy at first, so this was really out of the ordinary for me). We ended up talking all day and into the night.  The first time I met up with him was at a "fashion" show at our local mall.  Nothing huge, but him and his friend were in it, and he invited me to come.  Like every other teenage girl, I had to bring my friend along because we can't do anything by ourselves.  It was a really awkward first meet up, but conversation flowed and I started to like him.  A couple days later he called me saying he felt like he was "in fifth grade again" but wanted to know if I'd go out with him, I said yes, of course, and we were official!



We stayed together all through the rest of high school, and ended up going to the same college.  Halfway through our junior year, Jeffrey found out he had gotten into Texas A&M and he was going to transfer.  College Station was 5 hours away from where we were going to school, and we had NEVER been apart, EVER. We talked and talked and came to the decision that we would break up.  This was one of the hardest decisions of my life. Would we ever get back together? What am I going to do now? It was very scary, but we figured if we end up back together we were meant to be.....

brown hair, don't care
Stay tuned for next week, you'll find out how we got back together, and how he proposed to me!!!

16 comments:

  1. Awww this post was so cute!!! If I talk about me and my significant other, it would take me years to write, lol.

    -Rekita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Adorable! Where were y'all going to school? My younger sisters are both Aggies... I avoided it like the plague. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, SO CUTE! I'm excited to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay i love love loveee hearing about people's love stories! Cant wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! I love to read love stories and when they're real , it just becomes awesome . I can't wait to read what comes next :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so adorable together. Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I have chills at the end I cant believe you broke up! Cant wait for more yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable- can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should write for soap operas!!!! Thanks for stopping by the Mom's Monday Mingle, I had a blast co-hosting and finding new bloggers (like you!) Following you here and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tune in next week.....bum....bum....bum....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute story Sarah :) Can't wait to read on next week for more!!! Btw, I was peeking all around your blog and wandered onto your "About Me" portion. I shrieked with excitement. I haven't found another Dallas blogger; also my fiance is currently an accountant in Dallas too!! Love the similarities. Anyways, looking forward to the proposal story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh!!! I can't wait to hear more!!! I can't believe you left us at a cliff hanger like this. ;-) I think it's adorable when couples were high school sweethearts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I met my hubby in high school but hated him! Now I'm in TX (by way of Hawaii) and married to my stalker! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new fan from Monday Mingle. Stop by my blog party going on till Monday night! I look forward to seeing you there :0

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Just found your blog through Daily Tay-
    really nice to hear of someone else that's with their high school sweetheart. We are rare! haha Congrats on the marriage (even though I'm super late). Cute blog.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...