Monday Meals: Healthy Turkey Wrap

Happy Monday friends!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had some really great friends of ours come into town and visit.  It was so great to see them, we hadn't seen them in probably 8 months!! Crazy. I didn't have time to cook a meal for you this week, but decided I could share with you what I take for lunch everyday.  Our budget is super tight, and we try to eat healthy, so going out for lunch during the week is completely out of the question.  We do take leftovers as lunch sometimes, but that can get old REAL FAST!  Some of you probably don't know, but I hate bread.  I don't know why, we've discussed many a time how I'm a picky eater!! Since I don't like bread, sandwiches are really out of the question, but I recently discovered that I don't mind eating wraps, so here's my quick go-to recipe!


Ingredients:
-1 tortilla wrap (I use the flavored ones, this one is sun-dried tomato, jalapeno and cheese is delish if you like spicy)
-Hummus (I use Sabra's Supremely Spicy Hummus)
-Lunch meat of your choosing
-Baby spinach

Step 1:
-Take wrap and put a spoonful of hummus in the center of it.  Spread hummus down center of tortilla in a straight line

Step 2:
-Add as much baby spinach and lunch meat as you want, place on top of hummus.  The hummus serves as a base to hold everything down.

Step 3:
-Roll it up, you can use a toothpick to hold it in place. Wrap up in saran wrap or place in plastic baggie and you are good to go!

**I always take either some yogurt with me, or a little baggie of blue corn tortilla chips to go along with this to fill me up until dinner time.**

What do you take for lunch? Do you go out to eat or bring your own lunch?

14 comments:

  1. I'm all in for healthy eating and i think I have all the ingredients currently. Maybe I try fix this tonight! Thanks for sharing and do drop by my tiny blog when you can :)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally just pinned this to make at another time. Thanks for sharing!! ( :

    http://shakesparkleroll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is look absolutely delicious! I am all about healthy eating and am trying to cut bread out of my diet so this is perfect!Thanks for sharing :)
    xo,Dina
    Beauty to Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bring my lunch to work most days too... and totally agree about left overs getting old! this looks great :)

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, did I read that right- you hate bread?! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! My husband and I always bring our own lunches to work. We're like you - on a budget but wanting to eat healthy. Thanks for this recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I'm stopping' by from the blog hop and wanted to let you know I liked your Facebook page! Hope you'll get a chance to visit me! You can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely always bring my lunch, too - I've brought wraps before but just never got creative like this one and that looks delicious. I might need to try some flavored wraps and add some hummus to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wraps and never though of putting hummus on it! So smart! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been in such a lunch rut lately!! This sounds like the perfect meal to get me out of it.. I love the idea of adding humus to the wrap! Thanks for linking up with Ash and I! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I ever cook, I''m making this. YUUUMM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so good.........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up at One Organic Mama! Hope to see you back on Thursday morning <3

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...