Monday Meals: Cream Cheese Stuffed Cornflake Chicken

This past weekend, my husband and I took a spontaneous trip back home to see our families.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas day and really wanted to go spend some time with them! Lucky for us, our families live in the same town, so we are able to spend equal time with both families.  We stay with his family Friday night and my family on Saturday night.  I was telling my mom that for dinner on Saturday I needed to make something for my Monday Meals, and she came up with the idea of having my younger brother cook something! My brother is a senior in high school this year, and loves to cook, so I definitely said yes! So, here is our recipe for Cream Cheese Stuffed Cornflake Chicken!


Ingredients:
-6 Chicken breasts, halved and tenderized
-Onion and Chive flavored cream cheese (you can get regular if you like)
-Cornflakes
-2 Sticks of melted butter
-Toothpicks
-Salt & Pepper
-Spicy Seasoning (optional)

Step 1:
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
-Pour a little bit of your melted butter into your baking pan, just enough to cover the bottom
-Pour the rest of the butter into a pie pan, or dish that will allow you to coat the chicken
-Take half of the bag of Cornflakes and crush until you are satisfied, we used a food processor
-Pour Cornflakes into another pan 

Step 2:
-Take your first piece of chicken, lay it on a small plate and spread cream cheese down the middle of it
    **NOTE: after using the cream cheese for this recipe you MUST throw it away**

Step 3:
-Roll up the piece of chicken nice and tight, use a toothpick to secure it.
-Coat the rolled chicken in butter and then cornflakes


Step 4:
-Set piece in baking pan, and repeat steps 2-4 until all pieces are done
-Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper (to your liking)
-If you like spicy food, we also sprinkle spicy seasoning on top


Step 5:
-Bake for 30-45 mins, before taking out, cut a piece to make sure there isn't any pink on the inside!

Step 6:
-Eat up! We also roasted some veggies to go along with this!

**When working with chicken, you need to be very careful not to cross contaminate, be sure to wash your hands before AND after making this meal, and throw away the cream cheese when you are through, it will have raw chicken juices in it!**

How do you make your Cornflake chicken? Have you ever tried a similar recipe?
*linking up with YOLO Monday

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! An easy weeknight dinner idea.
    Karen @ Karen's Soiree

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy girl!! I have done a similar recipe before but instead of cream cheese, I used parmesan cheese and mayo! I love the using corn flakes or bread crumbs with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when I move in you will cook me this?? Looks delish as always girlfran!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. Found your blog through the FFF hop. Following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been needing some new chicken recipes and this sounds perfect!! I love the idea to make it with cream cheese! This recipe just moved to the top of my list! Thanks so much for linking up! We LOVE to see new faces!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cream cheese and chicken in one recipe?! SOLD! This looks amazing!!! Thanks for linking up with Jess and I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...I love recipes like this. Reminds me of my grandmother and Sunday dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I've tried something similar, but never with cornflakes! Interesting.. I might have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...