DIY: Stenciled Placemats



So, who else has seen all of these awesome stencil projects all over Pinterest? I think it is such an easy project that looks so cool, so naturally, I had to jump on board! I originally bought this stencil for my bedroom lampshades, but when I got home it turned out the stencil was too big (womp...womp..) so I went on a looking spree.  I looked at every surface in our apartment to see if I could use the stencil on it, and that is when I came upon our place mats! We got these place mats from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for our wedding.  I chose black because it would go with any color of dishes we used.  Turns out, it can also look really bland sitting by itself. Adding the stencil was just what they needed!

So here it goes...

What you need:
-1 Sponge brush
-Solid place mats (or printed, whatever suits your fancy)
-1 Paper plate
-1 Tube of paint of your color choice
-Painters tape
-Stencil of your choosing



It was a gorgeous sunny day outside when I did this project, that's why you see our lovely balcony bar shadows in the pictures.  Anyways...place stencil in the middle of the place mat or wherever you want it.  Use some painters tape to hold the stencil in place. Pour some paint onto the paper plate (I used my stencil's packaging) and start painting.  


Just dab the paint onto the place mat.  I did two coats because the black was coming through the first coat too much.  Let it dry for a about an hour or so, depending on how much paint you put on, and then you're done!


What do you think? Not as boring anymore!

linking up with Glued To My CraftsThe Crafty Blog Stalker, A Creative PrincessA Lovely Blog Hop BaroqueTuesday

13 comments:

  1. oooh pretty!! You should do a doormat with the first letter of your last name or something too!!

    Lacey
    sunnyandturquoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it! I actually bought stencil paper a few weeks ago to make my own stencils - it works really well! I love the idea of doing placemats - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool! I think I'd like to try this with a door mat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I've been looking for the perfect placemats, and having the worst luck. This could work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from the Bloglovin Hop! These are so pretty - and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!! I would be looking around my house too...I always do that once I do a project and want to do more! I think they look great! Pinning this! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great project. I love how they came out, I have to try this! New follower from GFC blog hop : )
    Karen
    www.karenssoiree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I've been on the hunt for new placemats! Something like this may work!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute. I would love it if you would share them over at my link party.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuesday-link-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good idea!! Found you through the mingling monday blog hop.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Makes me want to sit at our kitchen table more. Right now it's boring, so we don't really sit at it. Maybe this motivate us? Thank you for linking up at our Crafty Thursday Obsessions linkup party. Hope to see you again this week <3 Stacey @gluedtomycrafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it, and I think it's something even I can do!! Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...