Closet Inspiration: Kid's Closet Edition

Hey everyone, I'm back again with some more closet inspiration for you for "March to Your Closet" Spring Cleaning month!  (If you are new around here, click HERE for the details!) Erin from Managing the Manor is back with some more amazing organizational tips and skills!  I previously showcased her newly organized office cove and she just posted on Monday her son's newly organized closet and I immediately knew I wanted to share it with y'all!






Awesome, right?! This month isn't just about cleaning out our own closet's, but also those of our kids.  Making sure that your child's closet is organized insures a hassle-free morning and bedtime routine.

I got the chance to ask Erin a few questions about organizing, and wanted to share her answers with y'all! (I'm in black, she is in blue)


1.  Why do you like to organize?
I organize to make things easy to find.  Our family, house, rental property, and 8-5 “regular” jobs keep us busy to the max.  The last thing we need to do is spend too much extra time looking for documents, items of clothing, or whatever else--especially on weekday mornings!

2.  What is your favorite thing to organize? 
My favorite thing to organize is kitchen areas.   I love to cook, and the kitchen is the hub of our home {as is in so many other homes}.  Having an organized kitchen that is functional for the entire family is an absolute must.

3.  What is the one tip that you have for a beginner organizer? 
Focus on small projects first.  You may still feel overwhelmed at the tasks ahead, but once the small projects are complete and you see results, you'll gain momentum to take on bigger objects.  Organizing is addictive!

4.  Do you have a step-by-step process for organizing? 
First, pull out all items that are no longer needed and put them into “donate”, “trash”, or “repurpose” piles.   Second, make a list of any hardware or bins needed to further organize the remaining items.  Third, shop around the house for items to use or buy them from a store.  Fourth, put all the remaining items in their new place and add fun touches like pretty labels. 

5.  What is your favorite thing about your son's newly organized closet?
My favorite thing about his closet is that all his clothing items, including shoes, are in one place.  This makes putting away laundry cinch!  I highly recommend doing this, if you have the space.

Be sure to go over to Erin's blog and say hi! 

Check out my post on how to organize your closet, found HERE.


Do you have an organized closet that you would like to share? Email me at limitedspaceorganizing(at)gmail(dot)com!
*linking up with Halfway There Blog Hop Rolled Up Pretty Random Wednesday My Girlish Whims

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one tidy closet! I wish my closet looked that neat. lol
    xoxo
    A-
    Today's Post: Ella Lane Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can not get over how cute little kid's clothes are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. I'm laney. I'm your newest follower. Found you thru the blog hop I had today. I'm co hosting another tomorrow. so be on the look out.

    I'd love for you to follow me back. http://owlbusiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Following you via Half Way There Blog Hop. http://ggiftsg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing! I need to go take care of my daughter's closets now! I love your blog and am your newest follower on GFC!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! I thought I was organized...this closet is awesome. I did a post last week about my closet too, check it out Much better than mine. I'm loving the storage on top, so cute!! This little boy has great taste :)

    Newest follower!

    happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! Kids' closets are so much more fun to organize because their clothes are so dang adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is great, what's funny is i actually own some of those bins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah! I found you through the blog hop and I'm happy to be following on GFC and FB. Stop by and say hi anytime at P3! :) Oh, I'll be back for more organizing inspiration...I mean well but I have to say I'm not the most organized person out there ;)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...