Monday Meals: Healthy Breakfast Smoothie


It's Monday Meals time again here at Limited Space Organizing.  This week I'm not exactly doing a dinner meal.  I thought  I would change it up a bit and do what I make everyday for breakfast.

I am not a morning person. At all. Therefore, I hate eating breakfast.  I am never hungry when I wake up, which is a apparently a big problem since according to doctors, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After arguing with my mom over why I should eat breakfast one morning, we decided I should find some kind of smoothie recipe to make. That way I would still be putting something into my body to boost my energy and metabolism, but also I wouldn't have to be eating anything.  I have been making smoothies for years now and have tailored my recipe to my liking, so play around with it as you want!

Ingredients:
-1 C milk (you can use Soy to make it healthier, we use lactose free or skim)
-1/2 to 1 C vanilla yogurt
-Frozen fruit of your choice (I prefer strawberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas)
-1 scoop of protein powder (this will help you stay full, longer...I use Jillian Michaels Vanilla Whey Protein Powder similar to this one)
-1 good squeeze of honey (or to your liking)

Step 1:
-Always put in liquids first, that way the frozen fruit won't ruin your blender
-Add your fruit, protein powder and honey

Step 3:
-Blend until smooth

Step 4:
-Drink up!




What do you eat/drink for breakfast? Have a smoothie recipe I should try?

xoxo

Your new best friend,


4 comments:

  1. I enjoy smoothies for breakfast...when I'm not too lazy to make them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um! I have not made breakfast yet and I am thinking a smoothie just might be delish!!! Great idea! I have all these ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  3. You should try the Strawberry Soy smoothie~ It tastes super good. All you need is chocolate Total Soy meal replacement- (Or Vanilla if you prefer it) Frozen strawberries, and Almond Milk.

    It tastes really good!! And there should be only a cup of a fourth a cup of a meal replacement if it's just for you. A cup of strawberries, and a cup of almond milk! It's really good!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...