Monday Meals: Crockpot Turkey Chili


It's that time again! Ready for another Monday Meal? A friend of mine told me I should do a healthy meal since she is working out a lot and trying to be healthy.  The first thing that came to mind was the Turkey Chili we make every winter.  This chili has very few ingredients, is easy to make, and is perfect for leftovers!




Ingredients:
-4 cans of "Chili Style" diced tomatoes (this way they come already spiced for chili)
-1 lb of Ground Turkey
-1 cup of Water
-2 tsp of Cumin
-2 tsp of Chili Powder
-1 can of Bush's Chili Beans (optional)
-Anything else you like in your chili!

Since I am an extremely picky eater (yes, I am a "no pieces" person), I puree my tomatoes before putting them in the crock pot.  My husband on the other hand, LIKES the pieces, so I only puree for about a second or two. 

Step 1:
-Puree all four cans of tomatoes

Step 2:
-Pour tomato puree into crock pot
-Add cumin and chili powder
-Add beans and other ingredients

Step 3:
-Brown ground turkey
-Once browned, put into crock pot with other ingredients
-Stir ingredients 

Step 4:
-Cook on the Low setting all day long, I usually put it on in the morning before work, and it's ready when we get home at 6

Step 5:
-Enjoy with a little bit of cheddar cheese or cream cheese on top!




Do you have a favorite chili recipe?  What do you like in your chili?

xoxo

Your new best friend,


6 comments:

  1. I tried ground turkey for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly good. This chili looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle-
      This chili is amazing! My husband and I love ground turkey, we use it in everything you can use beef in. Let me know if you try this and what you think of it!

      -Sarah

      Delete
  2. This sounds and looks delicious! And you can't beat a recipe that requires a crock pot. I'll have to add this to my chili-recipes-to-try list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea-
      I love crock pot recipes, they make preparing dinner after getting home after a long day so much better! Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

      -Sarah

      Delete
  3. This sounds easy and yummy, I will have to try it on one of these cold days :)

    Lacey
    sunny+turquoise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lacey-
      This is such an easy recipe and makes for great leftovers! Let me know if you try it!

      -Sarah
      {limitedspaceorganizing.blogspot.com}

      Delete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...