DIY: Mason Jar Decorating


Hey everyone! So who has been on Pinterest lately, and seen all of the cool things you can do with mason jars?? There are just so many different ideas out there that I want to try!  Over the past month or so, I have been hoarding our spaghetti jars, (with my husband definitely asking why?), so that I can do some sort of project with them.  I saw not too long ago of someone pouring paint into the jar to add some color to it, and I knew immediately I had to try that! What an easy way to add color to a room, ESPECIALLY when you can't paint any of the walls! So here it goes....
I did four jars for this project. Be sure to make sure the jars are clean, we don't want any spaghetti sauce mixing with our paint! I took the label off but it still left some glue, so I just got some Goo Gone and it took it right off without any problems. The paint I used was some of my leftover paint from my painted curtains project.  Basically, I just poured some paint into the jar and then hit the jar on my hand to get the paint to cover the sides. This might sound like a painful process..it isn't ;).  Once I had all of the jars coated, I wanted to decorate them all differently. I just scoured through Pinterest to gain some inspiration.  I had some leaf ribbon and paint that I had gotten from my latest Michael's trip (you can read about that here), and then some string leftover from another project.  Once the jars were dry, I hot glued the leaf ribbon around two of them, painted dots using a toothpick on another, and tied string around the last one.  Here is how they came out:





I am IN LOVE with these jars.  I haven't found a permanent home for them yet in our apartment.  There are just too many great places for them!

What I learned:
-This is an easy afternoon project!
-Do one jar at a time
-After each jar, turn it upside down into the can to let it drip, there will be a lot of excess paint, the more you get out, the faster it will dry

Have you done an easy mason jar projects? Be sure to leave me a comment!

xoxo

Your new best friend,


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! So pretty. I've done painted mason jars, but I like the idea of putting pretty things on the outside too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayda-
      Thank you so much for your kind words! I am in love with these mason jars. It was such an easy project, and adding something on the outside makes them all the more better!!

      -Sarah

      Delete
  2. These are very pretty!!
    I love how easy this craft is, I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristine! This craft so simple it's ridiculous! You should definitely give it a try!

      Delete
  3. These are super super cute - what do you do with the extra pain inside the jars? I'd imagine I would have a lot that would be leftover inside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! I used a really small can of paint, so the top of the jar set in the top of it really easily when I turned it upside down. I just let it drain for a couple of hours, and then the rest just dried

      Delete
  4. I love it! They turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and try to reply to each one I can! So please let me know what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...